Information Service

How can we help you?

Healthwatch Kirklees provides an information, signposting and advice service for the people of Kirklees. The aim of that service is to help you to navigate your way through any difficulties you are having with health and social care services.

People contact us for many different reasons:

– They might be struggling to get access to a service they need or to get an appointment

– They might have heard some information about a service they use and how that is changing, and they want to make sure that they have got the right information

– They might want to make a complaint because they have received a poor service but they are not sure where to start

We want to help people with their queries – we don’t always have all the answers straight away, but we are happy to take away someone’s contact details and get back to them with more information.

If you need some help with a concern, question, or complaint about health and social care services, please do not hesitate to get in touch on the details below.

How to get in touch

Call us on 01924 450379, send us an email at, or contact us through the website. Our information and signposting service is available from 9am – 4pm. Although someone may be available to take your call at other times, it’s not always possible to deal with your query at that time. It’s likely that someone will take a message ready to contact you at a convenient time for you on a subsequent day.

Your details

When you share your feedback or request information from Healthwatch Kirklees, information you share with us is stored on our recording system in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.  Anonymised records are shared with Healthwatch England.  If you would like more information about the way we record or share information please get in touch.

Your enquiry is confidential; we do not pass your information on to other organisations without your permission.

Other sources of information

If you are looking for a good place to start to get information about health topics and health services, take a look at NHS Choices. The website provides information about conditions, staying well, different health services, and gives you the opportunity to rate and give feedback about services you have used.

If you would like information about services and groups provided across Kirklees, Kirklees Community Directory is a good place to start.

Health and Social care providers may use abbreviations and acronyms to describe certain processes, procedures and departments. We found this helpful Jargon buster on Healthwatch East Ridings of Yorkshire website, which is interesting. 

Download the Jargon Buster