To gather a full understanding of the experience of health and care services during the Covid-19 outbreak, over a period over of 12 weeks (end of May to end of August 2020) Healthwatch Kirklees used a variety of different engagement approaches and tools including a survey and virtual focus groups to talk to people living and working in Kirklees.
The key themes that are mentioned repeatedly throughout our survey responses and other
engagement tools are:
– Access to services – covering telephone access, delay or cancellation of routine care and
access to specific services such as dentistry, podiatry and antenatal/postnatal support.
– Digital access – covering the use of online booking systems and video call appointments
– Communication – covering how easily people were able to speak to a health
professional, and the quality and timeliness of information and responses received.
– Quality of care – covering person-centred and flexible support
– Cleanliness, hygiene and infection control – covering personal protective equipment
(PPE), social distancing measures and Covid- 19 testing
Please find the main report at the the bottom of this page
Below you can find additional content from this project: