- This event has passed.
Want to learn how to live well with cancer?
April 19, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 5:30 pm
Free programme of support for anyone affected by cancer
The programme may help you:
● Manage stress through relaxation and simple breathing exercises.
● Cope with the emotional and psychological impact of cancer and its treatment.
● Find out about how to prepare and enjoy healthy food.
● Find a way to bring manageable exercise into your life.
● Discuss the impact of a cancer diagnosis on relationships.
● Consider how living with cancer affects our deepest values and beliefs.
● Receive basic information on financial welfare.
The initial sessions will be held over two consecutive weeks and will start at 10.00am and finish at 5.30pm each week. To secure your place please complete and return a booking form as soon as possible. Bookings close on 4 April 2016.
This service is delivered in partnership with and funded by Kirklees Council, Greater Huddersfield and North Kirklees Clinical Commissioning Groups.
Tuesday 19 The Living Well with the Impact of Cancer programme starts with two sessions delivered over two weeks and is available to anyone living with cancer and their close supporter. Our programme shows how to take simple steps to live well with cancer.
Other sessions in Dewsbury and Huddersfield
Cancer changes everything and we know that certain things can make a huge difference to how you cope. Things like eating well, making sure you stay physically active, managing your stress levels and doing the things you enjoy.
Penny Brohn Cancer Care can support you in making small but significant changes to help you play an active role in your own recovery before, during and after treatment.
We have created three introductory taster sessions, designed to introduce you to our Approach and enable you to try some of our tools and techniques.
Phone: 01275 370 111