Could you help the development of new digital tools for patients with angina?
Researchers from the University of Huddersfield with links to the local NHS trusts have been developing a new digital tool to help patients with angina. They are looking to get feedback on different parts of the “decision aid” tool from members of the public.
Please find their message below:
We want to hear from you if:
- You or someone close to you currently has or has had angina in the past
- You or someone close to you has had coronary angioplasty (stent placement)
We would like to hear your thoughts about:
- A new patient questionnaire we have developed about angina symptoms.
- Your preference for how the risks of coronary angioplasty treatment should be presented.
- Things that are important to you if you were deciding whether to have the coronary angioplasty treatment.
- What type of video or animations could be used in the decision aid to help inform patients about the coronary angioplasty treatment.
What will be involved?
- Firstly we will send you the questionnaire and other information by e-mail or in the post. We would like you to read through these before our meeting.
- Secondly, an online meeting will be arranged with myself using either Microsoft Teams, Zoom or Skype (we are flexible).
- The meeting with me will be no longer than one hour.
- The meeting will be informal. We will have a chat about the information we have sent you.
When will the meeting be arranged?
- We will arrange the meeting on a weekday (Monday to Friday) on a day and time that is good for you.
- We would like the meetings to be arranged before the end of November.
What will you do with the feedback?
- We will use your feedback to develop the next version of the patient decision aid.
- In the next year, we will apply for funding to test how well the decision aid works in clinical practice.
- As well as helping patients make decisions, the decision aid will help to improve the quality of discussions between doctors and patients.
What we can offer you in return:
- Volunteers will be given a £20 digital Amazon gift voucher.
If you would like to be involved or would like more information, please send me an e-mail: