Helpful Information and Useful Links
If you need information or help accessing local health, social care or wellbeing services, our friendly team is available Monday to Friday 9am-5pm to point you in the right direction and support you.
Telephone: 01924 450 379
A-Z of helpful information and useful links
How to make a complaint to the NHS about primary care services (GP, pharmacy, dentist, optician)
How to get an NHS dentist appointment in Kirklees, what to do if you need urgent dental care and how much you should be charged.
- Disability – KiNETIC network for disabled people in Kirklees, including ways to find support and have your say.
- Eye tests, free NHS eye test entitlement information
- Eye problems, PEARS (Primary Primary Eye-care Acute Referral Scheme). For sudden new eye problems
If you need help with your mental health now, the following services have 24/7 support:
- Click here for a quick 2-question NHS online assessment
- Samaritans. To talk about anything that is upsetting you, you can contact Samaritans 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can call 116 123 (free from any phone), email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit some branches in person. You can also call the Samaritans Welsh Language Line on 0808 164 0123 (7pm–11pm every day).
- Shout. If you prefer not to talk but want mental health support, you could text SHOUT to 85258. Shout offers a confidential 24/7 text service providing support if you are in crisis and need immediate help
- Kirklees Council crisis support information
In #AskHealthwatch our engagement officer Joanne shares helpful information on some of the questions you ask us most often like “How can I find an NHS Dentist? or How to find a new GP?” click the YouTube video below to see our full playlist of helpful How-to videos.