Let’s hear it for men’s health
Healthwatch would like to recognise the unique health needs of men and the great ideas you have when it comes to helping other men, boys and those who identify as male to overcome challenges and take control of their health and wellbeing.
That’s why we’re excited to announce our engagement work ‘Let’s hear it, men’ focused specifically on men’s health confidence. By sharing your experiences, insights, and challenges, you can help healthcare providers better understand and address the issues that matter most to men.
Better health for yourself and others
There is currently a growing emphasis on self-care and self-management of health. We would like to ask males how you manage your health and wellbeing, how confident are you doing this and what barriers you face when it comes to improving and maintaining your health and wellbeing.
Tell us what’s working for you and what isn’t and what you think could be done better. We make sure NHS and social care managers hear you and use your feedback to improve care for everyone.
Let’s hear it from you
We’re calling on men from all walks of life to share their thoughts and experiences with us, so we can ensure that health and social care managers have the information they need to meet the unique needs of men’s health.
You could talk to us about things like:
- Have you switched to e-cigarettes and has this improved your wellbeing?
- Do you cycle or walk anywhere rather than drive, why did you make the change?
- Do you know how many units of alcohol you have each week – does this matter to you?
- Do you talk to anyone when you feel fed up? If not, why not?
- Do you love a fry-up but resist having one every day?Join us in breaking down the barriers to better health for men and take part in our quick survey today.
A helping hand
During Men’s Health Week this year (June 2023) hundreds of organisations offered support and resources on social media just for men. Here’s a rundown of our top 5. We’d love to add more supportive information for men, so please do get in touch if you’d like to share your health tips and resources in our list:
- Can do challenge – feeling a bit stuck or down, these can-do challenges from Men’s health forum could help you turn things around
- Beat the stress with this booklet full of simple, practical tips to help men feel better
- Free suicide prevention training – take just 20 minutes to train up on how to have potentially life-saving conversation with someone you’re worried about.
- Tips for employers, make sure you’re noticing and supporting men’s mental health at work
- Nick’s story this inspiring story from one Dad is helping others speak out and speak up to the NHS. If you’d like someone to record your story, please do get in touch.
If you need someone to talk to, we are here to listen please get in touch with us
Telephone: 01924 450 379 Email: email@example.com We can help you get the support you need.
Let’s hear it men, is part of our ongoing ‘Never Heard’ work to give a voice to people who need it most.