Choose the right NHS service in Kirklees for you
Together We Can Choose Well
NHS services in Kirklees are experiencing high levels of demand. Let’s work together and support our local NHS by choosing the right service at the right time. For more information, visit the together we can website (www.togetherwe-can.com)
- Not sure where to go for medical help? Call 111 free of charge. Alternatively, visit the NHS 111 website (for those over the age of 5 years)
- For minor illnesses, such as coughs, colds, sore throats, tummy trouble, aches and pains, talk to a pharmacist.
- For symptoms that won’t go away, concerns about an existing condition, or signs of cancer, contact your GP practice. Use our online service (Practice to add link to online service here) or call us on (Practice to add phone number here).
- If you need medical help urgently but it’s not life-threatening, call 111 free of charge. Alternatively, visit the NHS 111 website (for those over the age of 5 years)
- Feeling down and need someone to talk to? Use our 24-hour helpline. It’s free, provides advice, listens and can direct you to a local service that can help. Call 0800 183 0558.
- Call 999 in a medical emergency only. This is when someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk, eg loss of consciousness, severe bleeding that will not stop, chest pain, heart attack, stroke, fits that are not stopping, severe burns.