Tide – Together in dementia everyday
TIDE – together in dementia everyday
Tide – together in dementia every day – is the UK wide involvement network for carers and former carers of people living with dementia. The overall aim of the tide carer network is to improve their experiences as unpaid carers as well as the services available to those they care for carers and health and care professionals who are working together to build a better future for carers of people living with dementia.
Here at tide, we empower carers and former carers of people living with dementia, helping them to recognise that they are experts by experience. We believe that by working closely with carers and former carers, we can help them understand that, as experts, their voice matters, and can be used to bring about real change. That’s why we’re here, uniting carers and former carers across the country to use their experience and knowledge to help themselves and others.
Benefits of being a member of tide:
- Keep up to date with what tide is achieving, both for and with carers/former carers, through our newsletter
- Take part in our bespoke Development Programme, learning the skills to help you use your caring experience constructively, to influence change and empower yourself and others
- Use your skills and experience to be involved in research at different levels
- Use your skills and experience to speak up locally, regionally and nationally to influence policy and legislation
- Be part of a social movement that puts carers and former carers at the heart of everything we do
- Be part of a UK wide network that campaigns for better support for carers, former carers and their loved ones
- Meet other carers and former carers of people living with dementia
- You may just want to receive our newsletter and not take part in our training or events, we are sensitive to the needs of carers and former carers depending on where they are in their journey
Contact: Sarah Merriman – Carers Involvement Lead
Phone: 0151 353 5607 Mob: 07841421162