We are recruiting a Trustee Board Chairperson
Healthwatch Kirklees and Healthwatch Calderdale are health and social care champions. We listen to local people about their experiences of GPs, hospitals, dentists, pharmacies, care homes or other support services. As an independent statutory body, we have the power to make sure NHS leaders and other decision makers listen to peoples’ feedback and improve standards of care. Last year, Healthwatch across England helped nearly a million people like you to have their say and get the information and advice they needed.
Our charity currently has a vacancy for a Trustee Board Chairperson. As Chairperson, you will have a governance and strategic role that ensures we represent the overall vision of our organisation. There are several responsibilities that are associated with the role of chairperson. We are looking for someone who has experience of:
- Leading, chairing and overseeing the performance of the senior leadership team
- Facilitating change and growth within our organisation.
- Running quarterly board meetings
- Ensuring that all decisions are in line with our legal and regulatory requirements
- Acting impartially at all times. This includes acting in the best interests of the organisation and the communities we work within, without bias for any individual or group
Our Trustee Board currently meet quarterly on a Wednesday (within office hours), however we also expect that our Chairperson will have additional time requirements between Board meetings of 2-4 hours per week. This is a paid position of £5,500 – £6,000 per annum and any reasonable out of pocket expenses will also be reimbursed.
If you would like a copy of our recruitment pack or more information about this post please contact Stacey Appleyard, Director, Healthwatch Kirklees. call 01924 450379 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this post please send a CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the criteria we require for a Chairperson, to Stacey Appleyard (details above).
Closing Date: 9th December 2022.
Interview dates: 10th & 12th Jan 2023