Your chance to have a say about Patient Choice
NHS North Kirklees Clinical Commissioning Group believes patient choice is central to supporting the delivery of a health service focussed around the patient.
There are a range of choices that patients should expect to be offered in the NHS services they use. Patients using health services should, as a minimum, be able to say:
- I have discussed with my GP/health care professional the different options, pros and cons including, where appropriate, whether to have treatment.
- Following agreement to progress my care, I was offered choice of where to go for my first hospital/clinic appointment or diagnostic test, as appropriate.
- I was given a chance to choose a suitable alternative hospital/clinic when I was going to wait longer than the maximum time specified in my legal rights (18 weeks, or 2 weeks to see a specialist for cancer)
- Information to help me make my decisions was available and I knew where to find it in a format that was accessible to me.
- I was given sufficient time to consider what was right for me.
If your GP is in North Kirklees and you have been referred for further treatment within the last 12 months, we would be grateful if you could please spare the time to complete the brief questionnaire at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/NKpatientchoice about your experience of choice. The deadline for completion of the survey is Friday 1 September 2017.
Further information about Patient Choice can be found on the NHS England website at https://www.england.nhs.uk/ourwork/pe/patient-choice/.