Care Quality Commission rates Mirfield Health Centre as “Good”
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) carried out an announced comprehensive inspection at Mirfield Health Centre on 7 July 2016.
The practice has been rated as outstanding for effectiveness and for the long-term condition population group.
Overall the practice is rated as good.
The key findings across all the areas inspected were as follows:
• There was an open and transparent approach to safety and an effective system in place for reporting and recording significant events. Lessons were shared to make sure action was taken to improve safety in the practice.
• Risks to patients were assessed and well managed.
• Data showed that the practice was performing highly when compared to practices nationally.
• Staff assessed patients’ needs and delivered care in line with current evidence based guidance. Staff had been trained to provide them with the skills, knowledge and experience to deliver effective care and treatment.
• The continuing development of staff skills, competence and knowledge was recognised as integral to ensuring high-quality care and staff were proactively supported to acquire new skills.
• Patients said they were treated with compassion, dignity and respect and they were involved in their care and decisions about their treatment.
• Information about services and how to complain was available and easy to understand. Improvements were made to the quality of care as a result of complaints and concerns.
• Patients told us that is was sometimes difficult to get through on the phone at busy times but it had improved over the preceding few months. The practice had installed three additional phone lines and additional reception staff to improve access for patients. Urgent appointments were available the same day.
• The practice had good facilities and was well equipped to treat patients and meet their needs.
• There was a clear leadership structure and staff felt supported by management. The practice proactively sought feedback from staff and patients, which it acted on.
To view the full report click here
Please feel free to leave your experiences (positive or negative) of this service here